General Vendor Qualifications
We are looking for a well-rounded group of makers of high quality hand made items. Items may not compete with Growers’ Market products (such as soaps, food items and preserves, and herbal/floral products). Items must be handmade, no resale of purchased items. We would like most of our vendors to have some sales experience but are willing to take on some “newbies”. For 2018, we are limiting the market to 45 10’x10′ vendor spaces. Up to three vendors may share a single space – but all participating vendors must pre-qualify for market participation.
Market Rules of Operation
The following document provides the complete rules of operation for the Corrales Makers Market : Corrales Makers Market Rules
Vendor Application Process
- Complete the Corrales Makers Market Vendor application: Makers Market Vendor App
- If the application is accepted, the following steps must be completed prior to the market date on which you plan to start participation:
- If you are NOT yet registered with the Village of Corrales, complete the Village of Corrales Business Registration. (See below for more information.)
- Sign the Corrales Makers Market Liability Waiver: Corrales Makers Market Waiver
- Provide a copy of the Village of Corrales 2017 Business Registration certificate, the signed liability waiver and $100 fee to the Market Organizer.
All Vendors Must be Properly Registered with the Village of Corrales!
Proof of registration will be required prior to market participation. To properly register your business, you must first obtain a New Mexico CRS number which identifies your business for Gross Receipts Tax reporting. Registering for a NM CRS number is free and can usually be accomplished within a day. Follow this link for more information. Once you have the CRS number, you can complete the Village of Corrales Business registration. This process can be done in person at the village office or via the village website. The annual registration fee of $35-$100 (depending on business type) can be applied to any event within the village. Upon successful registration, you will receive an annual certificate. You must provide a copy of this certificate to the Corrales Makers Market in order to complete the vendor qualification process. In addition, it is recommended that you keep a copy of the certificate with you when doing business in Corrales. Please note that if you live within the Village of Corrales, you may be required to get a home occupancy certificate before obtaining/renewing your business license. The home occupancy certificate is a one time fee of $35. Contact the Village of Corrales Clerk’s office for more details.
Correct reporting and payment of NM gross receipts tax is the responsibility of each vendor. Please contact the Village Clerk’s office if you have any questions pertaining to business registration or taxation.